Terms and Conditions for booking Entertainment - Disco, DJ, Entertainer, Quiz & Host
Please read this, my terms and conditions very carefully (points 1 to 19) below.
1. This contract reflects the verbal agreement or written quote proposal. It shall include any terms agreed prior to it’s issue. No alterations may be made to this contract by the hirer without prior approval consent from Neil James Garrod. By completing and sending this booking form, you agree that you are making a confirmed booking and entering into a contract which carries your acceptance, in full, of the booking terms. It shall also be deemed accepted when the deposit reservation fee is received.
2. The Hirer shall have the right to cancel within 14 days of receiving the booking form and deposit request. It must be in writing & if a deposit paid to secure the date, a partial refund maybe be given. After this time for any reason other than Act of God or National Disaster, any advance reservation deposit payment will be forfeited and maybe a cancellation fee:
2.1 A cancellation fee of not less than 50% of the agreed fee will be due if the cancellation is within 28 days of the event booking date.
2.2 A cancellation fee of not less than 100% of the agreed fee will be due if the cancellation is within 14 days of the event booking date.
3. Deposit: you agree to our deposit fee of which is payable in advance to secure the booking date and covers the administration cost as a reservation booking fee. The deposit must be received by the date given on the booking form to guarantee availability. The deposit amount is deducted from the total payable and is non-returnable if you cancel the booking.
4. The balance has to be paid the minimum 14 days before the booking date unless otherwise agreed and stated on the booking form. This is important as your booking will not go ahead.
4.1 Any promotion offered on our Social Media sites or Additional Group Booking Discount is offered in good will and is clearly shown on your quote and on your booking form. Late balance payment, we reserve the right to remove the discount offered if a balance payment is more than 10 working days overdue and we will reissue/ amend invoice to suit.
5. The hirer will appreciate that suitable time for venue access, safe installation and dismantling and safe removal of equipment from venue is required in addition to performance time. Therefore, the hirer and venue will allow suitable time for the installation and dismantling and removal of disco equipment (up to 90 minutes each side of the booking times). Where appropriate, the hirer will also inform the venue, in advance, of artiste(s) requirements. Please note: I shall not be liable for any additional charges levied to the client by the venue in relation to equipment assembly / removal timescales.
6. We require an area of 2.5 metre deep by 3.5 metre wide for a Small & Medium disco. Large also requires 4 metre height.
6.1 The hirer will ensure that safe and adequate power is available for the performance. (Minimum of 2 X 13amp sockets located within 5M of performance area at 230/240v and non-generator type, mains only).
7. The hirer ensures that they have verified venue power sources are electrically safe and conform to the HSE EAW Act 1989, and amendments thereafter. Copies of venue Electrical Installation Safety Certificate (Periodic Inspection Report to NIC EIC standards) must be made available upon request by the venue under LAW.
8. I agree to provide proof of Public Liability Insurance and PAT Testing annually. Any claims must be made direct to the Insurers using our Policy Number.
9. The hirer agrees to provide adequate supervision of guests and will ensure that venue management adequately supervises customers and or staff on site premises. Please note: Where the function may include guests under the age of 16 years, the
client, (or parent) is responsible for the behaviour and safety of any minors attending the venue. The client will provide and maintain adequate adult supervision at all times. I will not be liable for the supervision of minors.
10. Unwarranted abuse or threatening behaviour from the hirer, hirer’s guests or venue staff or management will not be tolerated and will result in the performance being terminated with no loss to myself nor the DJs and Entertainers.
11. The hirer agrees that compensation for any loss of or damage to my equipment, vehicle(s) or personal belongings caused by the hirer, the hirer’s guests, the venue staff, the venue customers may be sought including any additional costs.
12. The hirer agrees that the confirmed entertainment start and finish times as specified in the contract are accurate and correct. Any extension beyond the confirmed finish time is at the discretion of mine and the management of the venue and chargeable at £60 per hour (not discountable). A receipt will be sent to you in the week after the event.
13. Force Majeure - Extreme Circumstance – It is a highly unlikely event but I will not be liable for failing to attend a booking, where the reason for non-attendance or late arrival is caused by adverse weather conditions (including Snow & Flooding), road closure, road traffic accident, vehicle breakdown, fuel shortages, acts of terrorism, industrial action, death or other unavoidable circumstances deemed beyond our control.
14. In the unlikely event that I am unable to attend personally due to an accident or sudden illness, I shall endeavour to provide a suitable substitute offering a similar or better service at no additional charge to the hirer.
15. If needed I do accept music Playlists & ‘not-to-play’ requests in writing in up to 14 days prior to the booking. The Playlist size we accept is a Top 10 songs that must must be played and a Top 20 that would like to be played so we then have room to take ‘live’ in-the-moment requests on the night too. With years of experience this combination works best for the events and flow when Playlists are provided. We will do our utmost to play all requests but cannot guarantee every song to be played. The hirer also agrees that I cannot guarantee the inclusion of any deleted, obsolete or difficult to source requests either in writing or on the night of the booking.
15.1 Please be advised that I reserve the right to not play any track requested that contains explicit lyrics.
16. I will not be liable for any refund, in part or whole, where I am late accessing the venue and setting up purely because of earlier events over-running, or where I am prevented from accessing, setting up or providing our professional services by the venue management. Neither will I be obligated to provide an extension to the agreed timescale on a pro-rata basis in these circumstances.
17. Although I always try to match my image set-up examples, sometimes the equipment may not be exactly the same. This will be only due to upgrades, venue limitation or equipment repairs. Any replacement equipment will be the equivalent or better. Smoke and bubble machines cannot be used in all venues, please confirm with the venue prior the event.
19. ‘I’, ‘mine’ and ‘we’ mentioned above is Neil James Garrod or the Disc Jockeys, Entertainers and Assistants working for, with or on behalf of him. Any complaints or suggestions please do get in touch direct with Neil in writing or email with all details of your event as soon as possible.
Thank you again & best wishes,
Neil James Garrod